I’m a gal who appreciates Winter. I love being rugged up in thick jackets, pretty mittens, hands thrust in the pockets – breathing in crisp, fresh air. Add on top of that hot chocolate, winter boots, snowboarding, fireplaces, soups and hot water bottles – what is there not to love about winter? Well, just one thing……getting up in the mornings. Now I haven’t quite mastered the art of this one yet (so I’d appreciate any suggestions out there!) but here are some things that have somewhat helped thus far……
1. Setting my alarm clock for when I need to get up (and not when I wish to get up) to enable maximum snooze time.
2. Putting the alarm close enough so that I can hear it, but far enough so that I’d have to get up to silence it. Afterall, getting out of bed is the hardest step.
3. Sleeping earlier (epic fail at this so far)
4. Laying out my outfit for the day, the night before. I know, I know, this is not favoured by those who dress according to their mood.
5. By far, the most effective of all these strategies is having a dog. Missie, my precious Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, will start barking at 7:30am in the morning without fail. She is the cutest thing in the world and also as a bonus- she is the best snooze button out there!
What do you do to help you get out of bed in the mornings?