My self-control is next to zero when it comes to ice-cream and in particular icy-poles and magnums! For me, food deprivation is not helpful. I end up eating twice as many magnums! The trick is to REPLACE; replace “bad” foods with “healthier alternatives”. Frozen bananas dipped in chocolate works wonders (a bonus is that they’re easy to make! That’s saying a lot coming from me…..)
- Pick a few bananas – not too ripe (otherwise they crack) and not too green (otherwise it’s difficult to push the paddle-pop stick through)
- Peel the bananas and cut into two
- Push a paddle-pop stick through each banana half
- Place the bananas (with the sticks) onto baking paper in a baking tray
- Place the baking tray (with bananas) into the freezer to freeze overnight
- The next day…….
- Put chocolate (broken up into even little pieces) into microwave safe bowl. I like to use dark chocolate!
- Place bowl of chocolate into the microwave and microwave for 30 seconds at a time, until it is melted (be careful not to burn your chocolate!) It usually takes about 2 x 30 seconds in my microwave
- Dip banana in chocolate / drizzle chocolate over your banana
- Let it set
- Tadaa – ready to be eaten. Perfect for a hot summer day!
Photo Courtesy of Bellen’s Diary.